Monday, August 9, 2010

Sabina Ohio Family Fun Night


   My wife always said I baked good pies, and I guess I do but I think its because I enjoy baking them. Pies are simple and they are a desert that just makes you feel good about eating them, I mean who don't like a warm apples or peaches with a little ice cream or whipped cream on top on a summer day and what a great way to use the fruit that grows on your backyard trees. Man my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Well to get to the point of the this story our little town had a Old Fashion Family Night where they closed down the main street of the town and the local businesses came out and set up booths to promote themselves. Some of the churches were out doing there ministries and handing out fliers and talking to people. The local police was offering to fingerprint children. There was old tractors ,cars, and a horse and buggy ride. They showed movies for the kids and had a old fashion penny candy store set up in the library, the bank was giving out free popcorn, a clown was doing face painting, and making balloon animals, there was games for kids and adults. There was even a ventriloquist with the cutest companion named Zach that I had several conversations with. Music was being played for everyone to enjoy on the stage by the city building. food was being served in the street and in some of the restaurants that are not normally open at night in our town. It was good to see people out shopping and talking to each other it was the first time I have seen anything like this in the three years I have lived here.

   
    I introduced myself to as many people as I could before we stopped for dinner at Traditions Restaurants which just opened this pass spring in town, they were hosting the pie baking contest which I had entered two pies. We wanted to try their food which was very good and to find out how I did? there was 20 something pies and they all looked to be wonderful so I did not expect to win, but to my surprise when I asked how I did? I found out I got 2nd for my pineapple coconut chess pie, and then she told me I also got 1st place for my chocolate chess pie. you could of knocked me over with a feather! I guess my wife was right I do make a pretty good pie and the town of Sabina Ohio thinks so too. 
Joey 

No comments:

Post a Comment